From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 18:50:43 -0500
Simon Crouch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I would have thought that some mention would have been made if it was a
>Musical Offering adaptation, so it sounds as though your CD is confused.
>
>What CD is it? I have never come across a recording of this work. (or
>alleged to be this work!)

The CD is harmonia mundi HMX 2951173.  I just checked the Harmonia Mundi
web site and there the contents are listed as "Sonate en Ut majeur BWV
1037, Sonate en Sol majeur BWV 1039, Sonate en Sol majeur BWV 1038, Sonate
en re mineur BWV 1079." So the mishap appears to be made on the CD cover
and liner notes.  There the work is advertised as BWV 1036 in D minor,
and the (rather silly) liner notes make no mention of Musical Offering.

Oh well, thanks to everyone who replied. I would still like to know if
anyone has a recording of the "real" BWV 1036 though...

Ulvi