From:
David Rothstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:03:36 +0200
Jeffrey Hall:

>Dear CM fans, I am a big fan of Beethoven's Piano Concerto 3, which seems
>to get the short shrift in relation to his other more famous great works.
>What other compositions by Beethoven do you really enjoy but which may
>not be the favorites of the "experts"?  Thanks

My choice is the overture "The Consecration of the House".  Beethoven's
last overture is superb.  There is a mighty orchestral anthem (homage
to Handel) which incidentally has been used for years here in Israel on
radio as the introduction to "Open University".  The highlight is the
Allegro fugue which intensifies in momentum until the conclusion.

David Rothstein
Israel