From:
Ulvi Yurtsever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:17:13 -0500
What's the scoop on BWV 1036? In the only recording I have this is the
same as the trio sonata from the Musical Offering (BWV 1079) transcribed
to D minor (from C minor in the MO; although I am not even sure if it is
transcribed to D minor, it is just advertised to be in D minor).  Yet there
are no comments to this effect in any of the work lists I can find on the
net.  Is 1036 supposed to be a transcription of the MO sonata, or is the CD
I have hopelessly confused? Has anyone heard a BWV 1036 which is *not* the
trio sonata from BWV 1079?

Ulvi