From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 22:16:59 -0500
They're available from Berkshire in a 20-CD set on the Art & Music label
for US$39.80 played by Wolfgang Stockmeier.

Normally, I'd say (and might still say), "It's Bach, it's under fifty
dollars, what have I got to lose?" and spring for it.  But aside from the
dollar amount, which is a litle bit more than insignificant, I'm not sure
I want to acquire 20 CDs in one swoop if the performance (or for that
matter the organ) sounds disappointing.

Does anyone have any advice based upon information or experience? I have
never heard of Stockmeier.  Does anyone know if this is a nice, crisp
sounding organ or one that sounds like something from a small town movie
theater?

Should I buy or should I pass?

Walter Meyer