From:
Edgar Beach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:38:02 -0700
There are often very interesting discussions on this list about the
value of atonal music such as ones "Blind Test" thread.  I, personally,
have never learned to appreciate the music of composers like Schoneberg
and Webern.  Is it fair for me to assume that the majority of serious
(for lack of another word) music lovers also cannot tolerate much of
todays disharmonic stuff?  Again this is an assumption and note a fact.
Is it possible, for the lovers of Schoneberg and other atonal composer's
music, to explain clearly why they do like it so.  I know why I don't
care for it.  It is because it violates my personal sense of what is
beautiful.

Ed Beach