From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:03:47 -0800
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>themselves.  Shaw was sharper rhythmically and more elegant, but Wagner
>often got more viscerally exciting performances.  Fortunately, one didn't
>have to choose between them.  We were extremely lucky to have both.  I hope
>for more re-issues.

The very 2nd LP I bought was in the mid 50s, when, walking downtown I heard
the most wonderful "I heard the bells on Christmas Day the old familiar
carols play" --- It still thrills me to hear this piece, possibly because
of the old memories of hearing it on the street like that, outside the
store that was playing it, amplified...

The entire album is wonderful.  A good one to CDR I guess...  Thanks for
the news on these re-issues, even of later recordings.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://www.andrys.com/books.html
Search sheet music, videos, CDs, books