From:
Gary Menchen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 22:46:28 -0500
Donald Satz wrote:

>I thought it might be interesting to come up with some abstract record
>company/label awards for the past decade which salute various companies
>for the musical enjoyment we derive from their efforts to grab our money:

I think any record label awards for the past decade would have to fit Naxos
in somewhere.  They have provided a major challenge to the major labels,
are probably a major reason for the influx of "two for the price of one"
issues, and make it possible, through their low price, to be much more
experimental in one's purchases while on a limited budget.

Gary Menchen