From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:52:13 -0600
David Runnion:

>I've been searching through various CM resource pages looking for
>biographical information on the American Composer Arthur Foote. ...
>
>I really need some biographical information on this excellent and unknown
>composer, and would appreciate any help.

The series "Bibliographies in American Music" published "A Catalog of the
Works of Arthur Foote." Detroit; Information Coordinators, 1980.  ISBN:
0-89990-000-3

It includes a chronology of his life in additon to the catalog, and a
bibliography of writings about the composer.  Looking at it, I found it
interesting to see some of the conductors who programmed his works:  Walter
Damrosch; Paur; Nikisch; Henschel; Victor Herbert; Samuel Coleridge-Taylor;
Walter Piston!(when he was conductor of the Harvard Orchestra), Sevitzky;
Sir Henry Wood; Stock; Gabrilovitch; Rabaud and Stokowski.

Karl