From:
Gilbert Chang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:39:30 +0800
James Hunsley wrote:

>In 1904 Saint-Saens himself recorded on French G and T an improvised
>cadenza for piano solo from Africa, Op. 89.

Is that recording available on CD? I have some of Saint-Saens's own
recordings of his works, on the Condon Collection, including Rhapsodie
d'Auvergne and an improvisation on the themes in Samson and Dalila.
But nothing from the Africa Fantasy.

BTW, can anyone explain to me how a reproducing piano works? These machines
allowed us to hear Saint-Saens, Ravel, Prokofiev, etc., play their own
works, but I have no idea what they are.  Thanks.

Gilbert Chang