From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 20:05:11 +0000
Karl Miller asks:

>Guess I was wondering how do all of you keep informed on what is being
>released and what percentage do you buy in stores?

There are dozens of good sources - review magazines, internet review
sites, real stores, and virtual stores.  I have a ton of sites in my
computer's "favorites" section that I look at on a monthly basis.  Probably
the best source is International Record Collector which I peruse on the
net.

I buy about 7 discs a week in local stores, representing a mix of new
and used product.  The old adage that a disc a day keeps the doctor away
works well in my situation; I never need to take any medication.

Leaving aside the discs I receive from MusicWeb to review, I get about
3 or 4 a week in the mailbox through internet purchases.  Most of those
come from H & B Direct, Amazon subs., and Arkiv.

Prior to my association with MusicWeb, my wife Ellen Jane wondered where
I'd find room for all the music I have, and she wasn't exactly thrilled
with the influx.  It's more harmonious now that she knows I get some
discs at no cost, and she does like reading my reviews.

Don Satz