From:
Christine Labroche <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:41:55 +0200
Peter Lundin:

>I'm doing a annual music project that centres around a specific year,
>i.e.  music from that year is played in a couple of concerts.  for the
>coming season the year 1935 has been selected.  Now I need to tap in to
>your musical knowledge.  What are your favourites from this year; musical
>works premiered and composed then, are eligible.

If the operative word is 'favourite' then I have two to suggest: Berg's
violin concerto, and Vaughan William's fourth symphony which was premiered
that year

I also have a soft spot for Martinu's Concerto for harpsichord and small
orchestra and, just for piano, Messiaen's "Piece pour le tombeau de Paul
Dukas" - and of course for all those pieces that are not coming to mind
right now ;-)

The final revision of Vaughan William's "In the Fen Country" also bears
that date...

Christine