From:
Rodrigo Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:29:07 +0000
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>I'd like to get Stravinsky's Symphony in C, Symphony in 3 Movements, and
>Symphony of Psalms.  Schwann Opus lists three cd's having these works:
>Tilson Thomas on Sony, Stravinsky on Sony, and Neumann on Praga.  What's
>your opinion among these three? Also, are there any outstanding recordings
>of any of the three works in different couplings?

I've only heard Stravinsky's Symphony in C, and I'd *definitively* recoment
a Columbia recording featuring Stravinsky himself as conductor!  It's
energy is amazing, and the CD has an extra track featuring a small sample
of the rehearsals.  Very very cool!

Cheers,

Rodrigo Martins de Matos Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.isr.ist.utl.pt/~yoda