From:
Tedd A Jander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 18:40:04 -0500
I read an article in the Summer 1999 issue of Early Music America, about a
version of Bach's Mass in B by Joshua Rifkin from 1982 that had one person
per part.  No information was given about a record label, price, etc.  of
the recording or if the recording is available.  The main point of the
article was whether or not Rifkin's approach is correct as far as some Bach
scholars are concerned.  Anyway, my main question is this, has anyone heard
this recording or heard of this approach to Bach's Mass? I'd be curious to
hear this version.

P.S.  The Early Music America webpage can be found at

   http://www.cwru.edu/affil/ema/

tedd
http://members.tripod.com/~teddj_music