From:
Bernard Gregoire <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:54:22 EDT
Don Satz wrote:

>This disc is part of EMI's Debut series bringing us artists "on the brink
>of major international careers".=A0 One could be a little skeptical of the
>"on the brink" classification, but there is no denying the advantages
>to the record buying public.=A0 As an example, this EMI disc costs less
>than a Naxos disc and gives us the opportunity to hear wonderful music
>from a promising artist at a very small price.

All of us are encouraging a SUCCESSFUL marketing effort for
Classical music.  "on the brink" seems inovative to me especially with an
Introductory price which encourages folks to take a chance on new artists.
The moribund classical business needs all of the experimentation it can
get to push new artists onto the players of notorious conservative buyers.

Bernie Gregoire
Hingham, MA