From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:23:53 -0500
Every year our chamber music center offers a "pops" program. I had the
idea that it might be interesting to include some "popular music" written
by composers known for their concert music.  This stemmed in part from
my wanting to hear some of the pop songs written by William Schuman,
several of which were published.  Other composers that come to mind are
Morton Gould, who wrote at least one musical, Vladimir Dukelsky (aka
Vernon Duke), who wrote many songs...

I am not thinking of popular songs made from classical works.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Karl