From:
John J Kregarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:40:06 -0600
Peter Ramson recommended the "History" set.  I went to the web site, and
low and behold, this looks like the CD's Berkshire offers on what they
list as the TIM label!  I just picked up 10 CD's featuring Mitropoulos
(how could one go wrong for under $20?) on TIM and there is the same
kind of art work, presentation, etc..  Thus Mitropoullos is called
"MaestroSpiritoso" and Schnabel on the web sit Mr. Ramson gives as
"MaestroEspressivo" and the cover on each is a picture of the artist in
question while in the bottom left of each is "XXCM".  The sound, by the
way, was quite good for those items I got which were recorded in NY, a
bit tinny with those done in Minneapolis.  I would expect the Schnabels
sound to be OK too, and, again, at $1.99 a disk.

John