From:
Anne Ozorio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 01:59:56 +0100
Once I was driving all day on the Autobahn.  German driving, though
fast, is orderly, and the roads so good that even though everyone else
is doing 200 kph you're like cocooned in your own world.  Anyway, excellent
conditions for a serious bit of music.  I was so immersed with it that
when I pulled in for gas outside Nuremburg, I forgot to switch the sound
off.  You should have seen the looks on the other customers faces - they
all recognised Meistersinger, even the truck drivers and teenage bimbettes.
But they didn't feel comfortable with "Heiliges Deutsches Kunst".

Anne