From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:24:53 +0000
There are a couple of considerations I neglected to mention in my previous
posting on this thread.  One is that Bach, of course, never composed for
the modern piano and that it's likely his keyboard works would not exactly
be the same if he had a modern piano to hear and use.

The other aspect is that some folks simply don't like the sound of
a harpsichord, and there's no point in listening to instruments not
appreciated.

Don Satz