From:
Thanh-Tam Le <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:57:17 +0100
Dear listers, Those among us who speak French, or have at least notions of
French pronounciation, might find some interest in visiting a list of names
of composers (usually not French...) and a very approximate "transcription"
for French speakers.  Naturally you cannot decently pronounce the "y" in
"Krzysztof" unless you have heard it once, "kshuhsh-tof" is the closest
English transliteration I can think of, but at least, my aim was to prevent
blatant mistakes (such as "meegwel" for Spanish Miguel)...  The list is far
from being comprehensive as yet.  I might try to do the same for English
speakers some day:-)

   http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/phonet-c.html

Linked to that page is another list with composer names using special
characters, that is, characters not available in HTML Western encoding.
For the time being, those are mostly from the Baltic States,
Central/Eastern Europe (non-Crillic script), Greece, Turkey.

   http://perso.club-internet.fr/ttle/orthog.html

Best wishes,

Thanh-Tam Le