From:
Daniel Beland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:28:15 -0400
Robert Berkoff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Any list members that are interested in the music on the CRI label. New
>World records has taken them over. Their catalog is being offered at low
>prices ...

Don't miss their great Rochberg CD, that offers a great recording of his
dramatic Second Symphony. A great atonal/serial symphony that actually
sounds "American" to me... The finale is just stunning! I prefer this
work over the music available on a recent Naxos release dedicated to
Rochberg...

This is a quote from Berkshire Records:

Rochberg, Symphony #2 {NY Phil./ Torkanowsky}; 'Contra Mortem et Tempus'
for Flute, Clarinet, Violin & Piano {Aeolian Quartet of Sarah Lawrence
College}; String Quartet #1. (Concord String Quartet)

Any other suggestions from the CRI catalog? And I'm not just interested
in "tonal" music:-)

Daniel B