From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:47:16 -0500
Last night I was listening to a favorite CD of music by the Philip Jones
Brass Ensemble, not knowing until today that Mr. Jones passed away earlier
this month at the age of 71.

While never having any experience with these instruments myself, I've
always had a fondness for brass music, and his group was one of the
classiest, featuring great arrangements by Elgar Howarth and others.

An obit can be found at:

  http://www.the-times.co.uk/news/pages/tim/2000/01/19/timobiobi02003.html?999

Anybody have any suggestions or favorites among PJBE recordings to suggest?
I'm especially curious about original compositions or contemporary music
they have done, as well as arrangements of older music.

Bill H.