From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 22:40:34 -0400
Derek Lim wrote:

>Now that we're on French composers, I want to ask about Cluyten's
>recordings of the Faure Requeim (EMI) and also the Berlioz L'efance
>du Christ.  How do these "rank" in your list of recordings? Thanks!

Talk about not answering the question, but for what it's worth regarding
you interests, his EMI recordings of Ravel are terrific, maybe even classic
in a way.  There were two sets floating around on EMI (one only French EMI,
I think, and not as complete).  The more complete one, which is what I'm
talking about, is with the Paris Conservatory.

Getting even more off the question, if you're looking for a surprise, his
Beethoven Symphonies with the Berlin Phil are very interesting.

Roger Hecht