From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:41:40 -0500
Cindy Gieringer wrote:

>I know Emma Kirkby has made quite a few recordings of Bach and Handel, and
>has sung the Mozart Requiem, Exsultate jubilate, and Regina Coeli, but has
>she ever made a recording(s)of any concert arias? (eg. Verdi, Puccini,
>Mozart, etc.)

There are several online discographies of Kirkby's recordings, however they
don't appear to have been updated for the last few years.  My guess is that
this isn't a big handicap, since her recent recording activity may not be
as vigorous as it once was.

One of the sites is here:

http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/7963/Kirkby.html

and it has links to other discographies as well.

The short answer is that she appears to have made some Mozart concert aria
recordings on L'Oiseaux Lyre, but I don't know if they're still available.
She doesn't seem to have done anything else along the lines of 19th century
repertoire.  But this probably makes sense for her type of voice.  And
unlike too many other singers, she probably has had the good sense not
to damage it by getting into repertory that would be likely to do so.

Bill H.