From:
Barrett Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 17:46:39 -0700
I only heard this symphony once, while partying late at night with a
fellow classical music buff who is in this very group.  But since I heard
it, I was so awe-inspired by it that I've been trying desperately to
find it on compact disc, to no avail.  It seems to be one of the more
scarce Haydn symphonies, and I'd do anything to find a nice box set of
all the London Symphonies.  The George Solti performance is supposed to
be good (isn't that the one, Mike?).  But whichever performance you get,
you can't go wrong with this symphony.

Barrett