From:
Daniel Beland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:17:53 -0400
After a dispute with the orchestra's musicians, Charles Dutoit has
finally resigned as music director of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra.
Dutoit became music director in 1977...

   http://www.andante.com/magazine/article.cfm?id=16631

 From my perspective, this is good news!  After almost 25 years of
collaboration between Dutoit and the MSO, it was perhaps time for a
change...  But finding someone to replace Dutoit could prove difficult.
The MSO is relatively poor, at least compared to many US orchestras.
As for now, my favorite candidate to replace Dutoit is David Zinman...
I think the MSO is a better orchestra than Zurich, and Zinman is just
a wonderful conductor who had been successful in Montreal as a guest
conductor.  Any other suggestion?

Daniel Beland