From:
Roger Hecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 06:52:00 -0500
Todd Townsend wrote:

>Driving home tonight, I heard Philip Glass's Violin Concerto for the first
>time.  It was just a first listen, but I was really intrigued by the piece.
>Oh learned colleagues, how is this piece rated? any particular performance
>recommended?

I can answer only how this piece is rated by me.  I heard it played live by
Gidon Kremer.  I reacted to it as I do to just about all minimalist music
of this kind I've heard.  At first intrigued by the array of interesting
ideas, then frustrated by all the repetition and lack of interesting
development, then bored, then, finally irritated that the piece wouldn't
end already.

Roger Hecht