From:
Milan Gowin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 22:16:16 -0700
Achim Breiling wrote:

>There are two recordings of this currently available.  One on DG done by
>Kremer and Dohnany and one on Telarc by McDuffy and Eschenbach.  I know
>the Kremer one, done a couple of years ago with the Vienna SO.  A nice
>performance that couples the concerto with Schnittkes 5th concerto grosso.
>Both works were dedicated to Gidon Kremer, by the way.

Actually, according to the liner notes,the Glass Concerto was dedicated to
Paul Zukofsky (who premiered it) and Dennis Russell Davies.  Nevertheless,
I'm glad that this concerto has come up in topic.  Like him or hate him, I
think that the middle movement is certainly one of the best things Glass
has written.

Milan Gowin
Visit my Classical Page at:
http://www.ualberta.ca/~mgowin