From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:19:25 +0000
David Harbin writes:

>I know of:
>
>www.classicstoday.com
>www.musicweb.uk.net
>www.gramophone.co.uk

Classics Today and MusicWeb are the only two I know that offer multiple
reviews on a daily basis.  I assume that the Gramophone reviews are the
same ones in its magazine, so it's useless for those who buy the magazine.

There's a music site named "Flying inkpot" out of Singapore with reviews,
but they are infrequent.  How about the site we are on right now - Dave's
Classical Net with a host of excellent reviews.  The last one I know of
is "Classical Music Guide", a new site with a very limited number of
reviews.  This site does have a very active and unmoderated discussion
board; of course, many of the postings are garbage and mean as hell -
Dave gets it right.

When I retire from my current occupation in a few months, I'm planning
to set up an online review site.  I just have to come up with some
secondary features that can perhaps yield a little profit.  Gambling and
pornography come to mind, but I don't gamble and I already have the woman
I want.  Concert locations and dates would be viable, but I really have
no interest in concerts.  I'll have to keep the lightbulb on in my head
and do more brainstorming.

Don Satz