From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 16:38:47 -0500
Mitch Friedfeld wrote:

>>Can anyone tell me how many of Schubert's works that Lizst transposed?
>>Is there a CD out there devoted to this genre?  ...

Bernard Chasan responded:

>I am very fond of Liszt's transcriptions of Schubert songs There are
>two fine Naxos cds devoted to this work.

I know of one by a fine young Finnish pianist named Antti Siirala which
also contains transcriptions of Schubert songs by Godowsky, Prokofiev
and Rachmaninov, besides Liszt's.

It's here:

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008ZZ2T/classicalnetA/

It includes the stupendous Leopold Godowsky 'Passacaglia' based on the
opening notes of Schubert's Unfinished Symphony, although my favorite
version of that is by Marc-Andre Hamelin here:

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005UO88/classicalnetA/

Scott Morrison