From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 10:01:47 -0600
Larry Sherwood wrote:

> Still a mystery, however, is the source of Beethoven's lead
> exposure, which evidence now suggests occurred over many years.
> Among the possibilities are his liberal indulgence in wine
> consumed from lead cups or perhaps a lifetime of medical treatments,
> which in the 19th century were often laced with heavy metals.

While it is not my intent to make light of the tragic death of one of
the greatest, does this posting suggest that Beethoven might have died
from having been exposed to "heavy metal." While it is not my favorite
style of music, I guess I didn't know it could be fatal...

Karl (once again attempting a bit of humor)