From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 00:30:26 -0800
William C. Valles wrote:

>Russell Sherman recorded Liszt's twelve "Transcendental Etudes" in the
>mid-1970's.  Can someone tell me if that recording is still available
>and if so, where I can get a copy? I will be most appreciative.

 [1] Tower lists it as Special Order.  With Tower this is iffy.  See
http://andrys.com/books.html#tower

 Type ' russell sherman '  into the search box

 [2] MyMusic, Canada lists it and there's an 800- number you can call
if you'd rather not order from the webpage.  See
http://andrys.com/books.html#mymusic

Type ' sherman, russell ' into the Soloist field of the search page you're
taken.

Shipping and tax policies for the stores are listed at
http://andrys.com/ven-amer.html

ALSO, Sunday's NY Times had a length article about Sherman's background and
skills, in connection with a recital at Alice Tully Hall to be given last
night (Monday, Dec.  18).  The article should remain up for another 10
days: The URL is:

   http://www.nytimes.com/2000/12/17/arts/17TOMM.html

He was slated to play all 12 Transcendental Etudes.  I hope someone went
and can report on it.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://andrys.com/books.html#dvdexpr - Classical Music DVDs
http://andrys.com/coupons.html - Coupons, Sales