From:
Edgar Beach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:39:47 -0400
Steve Schwartz writes:

>By those standards, no classical music composer is great.  The man in the
>street would rather suck exhaust fumes from the tailpipe of a bus (only
>slightly overstating here) than listen to classical music.

While we are not legion, I am one of those men in the streets.  In the
original posting by Norman he combines the "person in the street" with the
professional musician, etc.  Do you really feel,Steve, that the average
person really hates classical music that much? I know of many people, like
myself, who are non musical, cannot play an instrument or read music, but
for whom good music is the main stay of their lives.

Ed