From:
James Hunsley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:29:03 -0600
David Runnion asks about Arthur Foote:

>I've been searching through various CM resource pages looking for
>biographical information on the American Composer Arthur Foote.
>Strangely, I can't find doodly....

I found plenty right in my own library.

Eavid Ewen's "American Composers - A Biographical Dictionary" has a lengthy
entry (4 columns) about Foote, including a bibliography on Foote and a
paragraph by Foote himself.  No one interested in American music should be
without this book sitting by the record shelf.

HenryC.  Lahee's "Annals of Music in America" gives the dates of eight
Foote premiers by American orchestras - see the index.

Jim Hunsley