From:
Denis Fodor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:57:57 -0500
Bob Draper writes:

>But my question is why don't people here talk more about the Russians
>and Thaikovsky in particular.  After all that nation carried the torch
>of cultural civilisation into 20c when other nations turned to rubbish...

Dave Lampson has helpfully informed us that Thaikovsky was the Siamese-twin
brother of Tchaikovsky.  I'm now wondering whether Bob Draper's 20c could
just possibly be the Siamese twin of the 20th century in which the Russians
darn near sent Shostakovich to the GULAG? (And for cultural reasons
exterminated approximately 20 million nyekulturniks?)

Denis Fodor                     Internet:[log in to unmask]