From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:34:33 -0400
I was reminded of their classical CD service when I made some inquiries
on the Internet about a recording of Beethoven's transcription for string
quintet of his Trio, Opus 1, No. 3, in c minor.  After ordering their
recording, which I enjoyed, I found myself on their mailing list and
ordered some more of their sale items.  In addition to a CD of Richter
playing concerti by Tchaikowsky and Prokoffiev, I ordered an 8-CD set
by Decca (no longer listed among their specials on the Web) of Boskowski
playing Mozart Divertimenti and Serenades (for a total of  $32.80), which
I received a few days ago.  I assigned the Mozart set to my car, and
have been playing their contents in small doses.  W/ over 70 minutes per
CD I'm looking forward to over nine hours of pure delight and haven't
been disappointed so far.  Every once in a while I recognize an old
friend, but most of them are new acquaintances.

I revisited the site (www.musicabona.com) before writng this and succumbed
to a new temptation.  In addition to a CD containing a quartet and quintet
by Fibich, a composer a friend has mentioned to me, I ordered another
8-CD compendium, this time of many old friends, comprising Handel's
Concerti Grossi, Opp. 3 & 6, as well as organ and other concerti.
This 8-CD set is offered for $33.90.

Oh yes.  Transatlantic air mail shipping is free.

Walter Meyer