From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 20:48:09 -0500
Mike Leghorn wrote:

>Chicago recently was reduced to just one classical station (WFMT) when
>WNIB sold out to Rock'n'Roll about a year ago.  This is a scary trend.
>Why is classical music so unpopular?

Was it on this list or somewhere else that I heard the following
explanation for radio stations to avoid classical music? Classical music
tends to be longer than popular music and hence leaves less time for
commercial breaks.  (Of course this does not fully explain why public
broadcasting stations are also moving away from CM.)

wm