From:
Philippa Greenwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 01:05:56 +0100
In the discussion on the proportion minor-major compositions, I would bet
on the minor key being in the majority.

The minor key is often seen a sad and melancholic.  IMHO it seems to have
a darker and richer quality of sound.

In looking back on my favourite works, almost all are in a minor key yet,
the range of moods encompassed in those works ranges from triumphant,
joyful, playful to contemplative and yes, sad.

There seems to be an endless potential for expression in the minor key.

Philippa