From:
Donald Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:56:18 -0700
On the question of all the classical recording scams, misnamed and phony
orchestras and conductors etc etc, my old Austin, Texas pal Karl Miller
thought there should be a book on the subject, and I suggested he should
write it.

>As for the book, how about you.

I did have something of a track record in the book-writing department,
but that was some time ago.  I will be 67 years old tomorrow; I work
full time in a shopping mall so I can buy some (very good) Barnes & Noble
employee health insurance.  Apart from that I look after my wife (who
has had major surgery three times in the past year), which includes all
the washing and ironing, scrubbing floors, walking the dog...

Now that I have everyone's sympathy, you already know a lot more about
all those pirate classical labels than I do, Karl, plus you have archives
of recordings to say nothing of umpty old Schwann catalogs available to
you at your place of employment, and contacts among collectors and other
archivists which I don't have... I happen to know that your wife's
physical condition is such that she has made a rock garden in your back
yard, and you don't even have a dog! Plus you write well!  The ball is
back in your court, young man!

Donald Clarke