From:
Jos Janssen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 23:39:13 +0100
Deryk Barker:

>Actually Nagano's second recording of the work and, AFAIK, the third
>overall. The first was of the premiere under Ozawa, the second by Nagano on
>an obscure label (got it at home somewhere) and now the DG which I haven't
>encountered.

You're right, it IS his second. The first one was a recording of concert
performance in the Netherlands, which was consequently released by the
Dutch KRO broadcasting company.  I didn't mention it as I never imagined
it would go beyond the border. It is a good recording, IMHO at least as
good as Ozawa's, but absolutely surpassed by Nagano's DG.

regards, Jos