From:
Wiebke Hoogklimmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 18:55:56 +0100
Hello, I would like to announce my new unusual programme:

"Der Krieg ist gestorben" ("The War has died")
The dream of peace in the imagination of composers from Argentina,
Mexico, Columbia and the USA
Four World Premieres for Wind Quintet and Contralto
Virtu Maragno (1928-2004, Argentina), Arturo Pantaleon (*1965,
Mexico), Anna Rubin (*1946, USA), Gabriel Soto (*1976, Columbia)

Wiebke Hoogklimmer, Contralto
Musagetes- Quintet
Yasuko Fuchs-Imanaga, flute
Peter Michel, oboe
Antje Gerber, clarinet
Arturo Pantaleon, French horn
Elisabeth Bohm-Christl, bassoon

14 November 2004, 18.00
Nikodemuskirche, Nansenstr. 12-13, 12047 Berlin-Neukolln

17 November 2004, 20.00
Otto-Braun-Saal in the Staatsbibliothek, Potsdamerstr. 33, 10785
Berlin-Mitte

- with the support of the Senatsverwaltung fur Wissenschaft,
Forschung und Kultur Berlin, of the Kulturamt Neukolln, of the
Ibero-Amerikanischen Institut, of the Mexikanisches-Deutsches Forum
Zeitgenossischer Kunste  e.V.g. and of the Botschaft der Republik
Argentinien -

free entry

The composer Anna Rubin, whose "ICESONG" I performed last year in Berlin,
had the idea to compose a new piece for me.  Because I was interested
in a unusual combination of instruments and voice, I asked the
Musagetes-Quintet.  Anna Rubin was inspired to compose something for
wind quintet and contralto.  Also Arturo Pantaleon, French horn player
and composer was inspired to write a piece for this combination.  He
asked the composer acquainted with him Gabriel Soto and Virtuu Maragno
and they were very interested to compose something for wind quintet and
contralto.

Each composer was instructed do write a piece of about 18 minutes
length.  It is astonishing that all composers of different nationality
and generation have choosen a simular theme independent of each other.
The title "Der Krieg ist gestorben" ("The War has died") is stimulated
by the so named poetry contest in Columbia 2003.

Virtu Maragno died through an accident on the 24 February 2004 and left
a fragment.  We will perform this piece and dedicate the concerts to
him.

ANNA RUBIN (*1946 - USA), IXOX for mezzo-soprano and wind quintet is
based on a poetry in Spanish and English by Zoe Anglesey and Giacondo
Belli, translated by Elinor Randall.  The passionate texts evoke the
indigenous peoples of Central America and their contemporary struggles.

GABRIEL SOTO (*1976 - Columbia), sets to music poems by Augusto Pinilla
and Henry Luque Munoz: 6 Lieder Op.9

VIRT=DA MARAGNO (1928-2004 - Argentina), sets to music a spanish poem
by Pablo Neruda: "Si solamente me tocaras el corazon"...(the text is
from the poem "Barcarola" of his book "Residencia en la Tierra".

ARTURO PANTALE=D3N (*1965 - Mexico), sets to music the forgotten Indian
language of the Zapoteca from Ohaxaca in the south of Mexico, which
deals with the dream of peace.
Lamentos Indigenas, Op. 21 para quinteto de alientos, percusiones
indigenas y contralto

Best wishes from Berlin

Wiebke Hoogklimmer

http://www.wiebkehoogklimmer.de
CD "Clairieres dans le ciel" - Wiebke Hoogklimmer, Contralto - Patrick
Walliser, Piano - THOROFON CTH 2477
(Songs by Schubert, Mahler and Lili Boulanger)