From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:31:02 -0400
Gerardo Constantini wrote:

>Well,for you and the people who enjoy so much 4:33, is a big new: Here
>in Lima we have an Etno-Musicologist,who like to make a "transcriptions"
>of musical of the standard Occidental repertoire in order to play it
>with "native"(folkloric) instruments.That person is trying to make an
>"Arrangement" for a quartet with Quena,Two Zamponas,and a Charango.  This
>is serious (it's not a joke).

Maybe it's no joke.  But several years ago, a few of us on one of these
classical music lists did attempt to outdo each other with ideas of how
other composers would have rearranged Cage's 4'33".  Mine was how William
Byrd would arranged it for three, then fout, and then five voices.  The
music critics would love it and one would head his column:  "I Know Why
Byrd's Cage Sings".

Walter Meyer