From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:53:49 +0000
Over the past couple of years, Brilliant Classics has released a host
of highly desireable music sets such as the complete Haydn Piano Sonatas
on fortepiano and the Shostakovich Symphonies conducted by Barshai.

I just wanted to alert interested readers that one of the newest
Brilliant Classics sets comes from the Stamitz Quartet performing the
string quartets of Martinu, Janacek, and Smetana.  This is a 5-cd set
that costs about what 3 Naxos cd's would run.  To be able to acquire
such idiomatic and exceptional performances at bargain-basement prices
is sort of a blessing, and I've felt blessed since the set arrived at
my home.  Happy listening!

Don Satz