From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 07:13:40 PST
Roger Hecht wrote:

>A friend recently wrote me and said that London is cutting their CM
>releases drastically.  You can be sure that Naxos et al. has played
>a big part of that.

Yes, and I've been waiting for the major record companies to "fight back"
by issuing their own super budget new release series and providing their
new artists substantial promotional exposure.  This hasn't happened - these
companies are such whimps.  They could well succeed, given their resources,
and put Klaus on his back.  But, they evidently do not possess the pioneer
or "kill" spirit.

Don Satz