From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 14:56:14 -0400
Walter Meyer wrote:

>I would look forward to his recording of major orchestral and choral works
>on the Westminster LP label, beginning w/ his Bach b minor Mass.  I still
>have that LP album, but alas, I cannot find the recordings of Beethoven's
>Ninth, Mahler's 5th, or Handel's Messiah that I know I had.  I can imagine
>having given away the Beethoven and Mahler, but I'd thought they'd have had
>to pry the Handel out of my dead hand!

And I recall that Westminster also had a quite unique Scherchen
interpretation of Handel's "Water Music", sometimes with the kinds of
extremes in tempi that Dr. Akima briefly mentions in his original posting.
It's been years since I've heard Scherchen's version, and would welcome the
chance to give it another go.

Bill H.