From:
Arri Bachrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:36:59 -0500
Peter Wisse wrote:

>Bernard Chasan voiced some opinions why clasical music is not very popular
>in general.  I think that, while many of his arguments are valid, the main
>thing is a question of nurture.  It depends on a child being exposed to CM
>at an early age by music loving and understanding parents, if he or she
>will become and stay (!) a CM lover at a later age, especially in the
>disturbing environment of a primary and especially secondary school.

both my children were constantly exposed to CM, via the radio, my playing
of the piano and the bassoon at home- to no avail both were given piano
lessons, were "taught" the flute, saxophone and bassoon SFAIAC, one has
to have the "ear" in order to appreciate CM and the vast majority of the
population does not have that talent-

AB