From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:11:35 -0400
Donald Satz wrote:

>One might think that major Northeast cities would be a hotbed of new
>musical adventure, but one would evidently be wrong.  Where are all
>the pioneers?  In the western part of the U.S. When the name of Bartok
>strikes fear into audience goers, there is something amiss and it's time
>to pack up and move on.

Well, we have WHRB and WGBH.  so all is not lost.  The problem is that
WCRB is profoundly underestimating patronizing and dumbing down its
audience.  However whenever I read Janos' account of musical life in
the Bay Area, I am envious.  And, to make things even worse, I fear that
either Oakland or Aniheim will beat the Red Sox out for the wild card.

Bernard Chasan