From:
Anne Ozorio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:36:16 -0400
Possibly that's after the cull.  There used to be the flagship store on
Picadilly near Fortnums and another big one in Oxford which was surprisingly
good.  Also I think one in Reading and possibly Ealing.  By choice I
guess most of us would go to HMV or Blackwells?  Even Blackwells seems
to be feeling the pinch now that people run up accounts on amazon instead.
What draws you singular/plural to a store as opposed to a website?  The
staff?  The ambiance?  sale racks with unexpected treasures?  I'm wary
of one place where I had to spell Schubert over and over.  but intensely
loyal to another where the boss greets you with "Yrjo Kilpinnen!" or
some such truffle.

Anne Ozorio <[log in to unmask]>