From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:39:26 +0800
Every time she appears on TV, or when the radio announces that she is
performing next, I switched channel immediately.  She may be a fellow
Singaporean (not really now, she is born here but now lives in UK), but I
cannot stomach the fact that she has rearranged the works of some beloved
composers (who are dead now and supposed to be gods to be worshipped).
However, last night, whist passing by a CD store, I heard a piece of
Chinese music with a violin soloist.  I vaguely remember the tune is the
Flower Drum Girl, which I heard years back in school.  But this piece which
I was listening is different, and on inquiring with the CD store owner, was
amazed that it is Vanessa Mae's!  I am still uncomfortable with her brand
of pop classical, but cannot help admit that she has arranged this really
quite nicely, and I am tempted to buy this CD.  Anyone heard it before?

Singaporean