From:
Marcelo Ramos Araujo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:05:32 -0300
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>"The taboo against "dirty words" and fart jokes took a while to permeate
>the general culture, as Evangelicalism spread.  Queen Victoria may not have
>been amused, but her predecessor would have.  Queen Elizabeth I, of course,
>*made* fart jokes."

This is certainly not the main subject for discussion on this list, but
here you really made me interested.  Where did you learn all that about
the History of Fart Jokes?

I'm with those who enjoyed the flick.  It's not a masterpiece; still it's
fine cinema.  It's not the real eighteenth century Vienna, but still an
enjoyable fantasy.

Marcelo Ramos Araujo <[log in to unmask]>