From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 07:54:38 +1100
Beethoven's music for either piano four hands or piano duet is mostly
early and is rarely recorded: there's also an arrangement I'd love to hear
of the Grosse Fuge for piano duet.  The three marches Op 45 are for piano
four hands and represent Beethoven in unusually good humour.  The second
especially is one of those pieces which stays in your memory all day and
is quite delightful.  The only recording I have is taped from a broadcast
recital and I don't know of a recent version of it.  Does anyone share my
pleasure in these little pieces and does anyone know of a recording?

Richard Pennycuick